National Centre for Flexible Electronics (NCFlexE)
Samtel Centre for Display Technologies (SCDT), IIT Kanpur
A Short Course for Participants from Industry on "Flexible Electronics"
4th – 6th July, 2019 at IIT Kanpur
- Introducing the field of large area flexible electronics to participants from the industry
- Presenting the discuss recent advances, technological challenges and deployment opportunities
- Share the technology offerings at the FlexE Centre with the participants and
- Brainstorm with the industry to explore opportunities for commercialization of flexible electronics
Date: 4th -6th July, 2019 (Thursday- Saturday)
Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Venue: FlexE Centre at IIT Kanpur
Who should attend?
- Any person from the industry with an interest to learn about the emergent area of Flexible Electronics.
- A keen interest in technology and commercialisation is necessary. Technical background is desirable.
- Up to two participants from one industrial group may register for the course.
- We expect participants to participate for the full duration of the course to make it meaningful.
The topics discussed in the short course should span the followings areas:
To register for the course please send request by filling out the registration form with this flyer along with a registration fee of Rs 1000 (includes GST) per person to be paid online by SBI Collect, For information on how to pay by SBI Collect. Last day for receipt of application form is 07th June, 2019. Potential participants may send duly signed soft copy of registration form by email. However, a hard copy must accompany the registration fee DD by postal email. Boarding and lodging will be provided within the IIT Kanpur campus in accordance to institute rates during the duration of the course for all registered participants on request. List of confirmed participants for the course will be announced by 11th June, 2019
Steps for registration
STEP 1: Please read instructions in this document for registration fee payment Information for Paying Registration Fee via SBI i-collect. Please note course code is 2019/018
STEP 2: Make registration Fee payment
- (a) Registration fee needs to be paid through State Bank Collect https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- (b) Kindly note down the SBI i-collect transaction ID that you receive after making the transaction.
- (c) Please enter SBI i-collect transaction ID in the required field during online registration as in STEP 3.
Boarding and Lodging
Boarding and lodging will be provided within the IIT Kanpur campus in accordance to institute rates during the duration of the course for all registered participants on request.
List of confirmed participants for the course will be announced by 11th June, 2019
Samtel Centre for Display Technologies has been offering a short course regularly for last 14 years. The focus of course has moved from organic electronics in initial years to large area printable and flexible electronics recently. Earlier our aim was to initiate scientific interest of graduate students and faculty in this new and upcoming field, however with maturing of science and technology, organic/flexible/ printable electronics is entering the commercial world. Introduction of OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) based TV by Samsung and LG is finest example of this development.
Early on in this cycle, we realized that these developments are important to many large area electronics applications. To develop and exploit this technology, National Centre for Flexible Electronics was established in 2014 through a grant from Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) under ESDM scheme of Electronics Policy 2012 of Government of India and support from the Institute (IIT Kanpur). Therefore, this year’s short course is being planned for the industry who are inclined to pursue technologies related to Flexible Electronics.
Samtel Centre for Display Technologies,
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Kanpur,
U.P. - 208016
The FlexE Centre is supported by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India.. This course is organized by the FlexE Centre and SCDT, IIT Kanpur.